Thursday, July 2, 2009

An old raccoon

As I sit here typing this, I can see out the window that my old raccoon is having his lunch. Went out to lunch today and brought leftovers to him.

He is very old from the looks of him and very skinny and half his tail at the end has no hair left on it. I feed him daily at about 1 to 3 pm and he has come to expect it and when I am late he looks toward the window and then comes back a little later to see if I have put anything out for him.

I have always liked raccoons and like to watch them. There are a lot of them around here and sometimes the babies come out to play. The two stray cats that I feed are not afraid of them nor are they afraid of the cats. Several years ago, one got so tame with me feeding him he would approach me but I never was able to touch him. As they are carriers of rabies (or so I am told) I don't push it to pet them.

I hope by the end of summer he will be in better shape than he is now.

All of us senior citizens should stick together, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment